Melt-in-Your-Mouth Banana Bread Skillet
So, I actually happen to come up with this recipe by mistake… Originally, I intended to make a chocolate chip cookie cake that had more of the consistency of a cookie, but this recipe turned out more like bread, ha! I swear, some of the best recipes come from kitchen “fails,” but I can’t complain!
So here we have it, moist, fluffy, chocolatey goodness that melts in your mouth with every single bite, completely free of all grains, dairy, and processed sugars. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Mini Chips/Chunks
- First, preheat the oven to 350˚ (F). Grease a cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, coconut oil, peanut/nut butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- Next, pour the liquid ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then, fold in the dairy free chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pour the batter into the greased cast iron skillet, and then sprinkle extra chocolate chips/chunks on top.
- Finally, bake the skillet in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the skillet bread to cool before cutting into slices.
Can’t get enough banana bread? Have you tried my Best Paleo Banana Bread recipe yet?